Central Florida is host to many of the best tourist attractions in the United States, from iconic theme parks to downtown Orlando’s thrilling highlights. If you’re planning a getaway to our sunny city – whether it’s a quick day trip or an extended vacation – you can count on an exciting variety of things to do and see.
We’ve rounded up a list of the four best things to do in Orlando to give you our top tips for your visit.
Explore the best theme parks in the world
There’s no question that Orlando is most famous for being home to virtually every top theme park you can think of, including:
- The Walt Disney World Resort, which features four separate parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios) and two water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach)
- Universal Orlando Resort, comprised of the movie-magic inspired Universal Studios Florida (where you’ll find the Wizarding World of Harry Potter), Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and the Volcano Bay water park
- LEGOLAND Florida and the Legoland Water Park, based on the classic construction toy series, Lego
- SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove, hosted by SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment and perfect for sea life lovers
Treat yourself to state-of-the-art shopping and entertainment around the city.
Our city is also one of the best U.S. shopping and entertainment destinations, with an array of shopping malls and complexes for travelers to browse:
- Disney Springs, an outdoor shopping and entertainment complex at Walt Disney World
- International Drive, a walkable, five-mile loop of Orlando’s best shops and entertainment, including The Mall at Millenia and The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando, a larger-than-life observation wheel
Discover the culture and history of Orlando
Prefer an experience centered on arts, culture, science, and history? Here are some of the places in and around the city that you’re bound to enjoy:
- The Orlando Museum of Art
- The Museum of American Art
- The Orlando Science Center
- The Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibit at The Kennedy Space Center
For travelers that really want to get to know the story of Orlando, our city’s museums and cultural highlights are a must-see.
Take a walk on the wild side at Orlando parks and wildlife attractions.
Of course, no trip to the Sunshine State would be complete without some gator wrestling and close brushes with nature, right? If you’re one of the many travelers that are drawn to our city’s untamed treasures, here are some suggestions:
- Gatorland, where you can see and even interact with Florida’s famous resident alligators
- Lake Eola Park in the heart of downtown Orlando, home to a collection of stunning swans and many native birds
- Harry P. Leu Gardens, a 50-acre oasis of botanical beauty just outside the city
Fuel Your Florida Adventures with Food and Drinks at American Social
In between sightseeing, theme park hopping, and soaking up the sun, you’re going to need to keep your hunger in check – and that’s where American Social comes in.
No matter what brings you to Orlando, Florida, there are a few things you can know for sure: the people are friendly, the weather is incredible, and the one-of-a-kind experiences are plentiful. And of course, American Social is always the place to eat, drink, and enjoy it all.